- ASK Resource Center: Through the years, ASK has taken on new community partners, projects and challenges. They continue to build on their early vision of being a one-stop-shop to provide information and resources to individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Assessment and Testing: This site provides information on appropriate accommodations and the Iowa Alternate Assessment available to 1% of a district's special education population.
- Each and Every Child: This newsletter is published monthly by the Iowa Department of Education and is archived at this site.
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA): This is a law ensuring services to children with disabilities throughout the nation.
- Part B of IDEA: Children and youth (ages 3-21) receive special education and related services under IDEA Part B.
- Part C of IDEA: Infants and toddlers with disabilities (birth-2) and their families receive early intervention services under IDEA Part C.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America: The Learning Disabilities Association of America believes that every person with learning disabilities can succeed in school, at work, in relationships, and within the community when provided the right supports and the right opportunities.
- Learning Disabilities OnLine: LD OnLine seeks to help children and adults reach their full potential by providing accurate and up-to-date information and advice about learning disabilities and ADHD. The site features hundreds of helpful articles, multimedia, monthly columns by noted experts, first person essays, children’s writing and artwork, a comprehensive resource guide, very active forums, and a Yellow Pages referral directory of professionals, schools, and products.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities: The mission of NCLD is to improve the lives of the one in five children and adults nationwide with learning and attention issues—by empowering parents and young adults, transforming schools and advocating for equal rights and opportunities.
- Retail Savings Guide for People with Disabilities The guide provides a detailed walkthrough of discounts and special offers for those with disabilities. This guides offers "a ton of information on the different discount programs available to these individuals." (Kendra Healy)
- Special Education – Iowa Department of Education: The DE provides special education information and resources around assessment, dispute resolution, individual Educational Program (IEP), parent information, and state guidance and support for all children and youth.
This page was updated on January 12, 2017. Please contact Lou Howell with additional sites/URLs you would like listed on this page.