Open Education Resources (OER)
Achieve Created a series of eight rubrics that evaluate the degree to which each open educational resource's (OER) aligns to the Common Core State Standards, as well as the quality of each resource.
Curriki offers free resources to teachers in areas of math, English, social studies, and science.
- Floe provides the resources needed to enable inclusive access to personally relevant, engaging learning opportunities for the full diversity of learners and content producers. Through the Open Education Resources community, Floe makes tools that help transform augment, and personalize the learning experience.
- The Gateway to 21st Century Skills has been serving teachers since 1996 (Yes! 1996) and is one of the oldest publically accessible U.S. respositories of education resources on the Web. The Gateway contains a variety of educational resource types from activities and lesson plans to online projects to assessment items. Note: They have lost their funding as of 2/7/16 and are searching for support to continue to fund this site.
Science and Mathematics
- National Repository of Online Courses (NROC) provides an online library of OER high school and AP courses at HippoCampus.org. You'll find solid courseware available in modules with voice over text. It is easy to create media playlists, find track high-trending learning materials, and share learning content with students. You can find their next gen content at NROCmath.org including a great Hewlett Foundation-funded open Algebra 1 course and a developmental math sequence.
- Educurious is Gates-funded OER and project-based learning (PBL) curriculum designed to align with Common Core State Standards and reduce high school dropout.
- Khan Academy has a library of more than 3,000 math, science, history lesson delivered in easy-to-understand videos.
Comprehensive Modular Resources
- The Gateway to 21st Century Skills is one of the oldest repositories of education resources online, providing a variety of activities, lessons plans, projects, and assessments. Note: They have lost their funding as of 2/7/16 and are searching for support to continue to fund this site.
- Curriki.org is a big library of shared courses and content.
- Gooru Learning curates the Web's best resources, compiling them into collections and attaching quizzes.
- Power My Learningprovides math, Language Arts, science, social studies, art/music, computer programing, and more educational activities for parents and teachers.
Muzzylane transforms history into a game - Making History. They also have resources for science, language-learning, health education, business, and urban planning
Mostly Higher Education
Connexions provides a platform for learning modules and content creation that can be compiled into courses, books, reports, and more.
Additional Free Resource
- iTunesU has tons of mostly post-secondary content.
- National Geographic has a longstanding reputation of supporting learning with valuable multimedia resources for any classroom.
This page was updated on January 8, 2017.
Please contact Lou Howell (LouHowell@mediacombb.net) with additional resources to support open educational resources.