- Active Grade shares a starter kit for standards-based grading.
- Standards-Based Grading.org provides multiple resources as you explore the role of standards-based grading in your classroom and schools.
- Standards-Based Grading Podcasts by Eric and Matt Townsley
- Podcast #1: An Introduction to Standards-Based Grading
- Erickson, J.A. (2011). A call to action: Transforming grading practices. Principal Leadership, 12(1), 42-46. Available online.
Scriffiny, P.L. (2008). Seven reasons for standards-based grading. Educational Leadership, 66(2), 70-74. Available online.
Winger, T. (2005). Grading to communicate. Educational Leadership, 63(3), 61-65. Available online.
- Podcast #2: Standards-Based Grading vs Competency-Based Education
- Podcast 3: Standards-Based Grading First Steps
- Podcast 4: Formative Assessment in Standards-Based Grading
- Chappuis, J. (2005). Helping students understand assessment. Educational Leadership, 63(3), 39-43. Available online.
- Pendergrass, E. (2013). Differentiation: It starts with pre-assessment. Educational Leadership, 71(4). Available online.
- Podcast #5: Role of Homework in Standards-Based Grading
- Vatterott, C. (2011). Making homework central to learning. Educational Leadership, 69(3), 60-64. Available online.
- Korbey, H. (2013). How to create effective homework. MindShift. Available online.
- Oskaloosa Shares Standards-Based Grading Resources
- Report Card - (Samples provided by Dr. Mary Cooksley)
- Solon Community School District Shares Standards-Based Grading Resources
Please send additional URLs and descriptions you would like to see added to this page - LouHowell@mediacombb.net.
This page was updated on January 11, 2017.