Especially for You . . . and you are the experts so share documents, web sites, and other information to extend the thinking and practices of others in your role.
- All Teachers
- Culturally Responsive Teaching: Brown University shares the seven principles for culturally responsive teaching - including the what, why, and how!
- Iowa State Education Association ISEA reaches out to build community support for Iowa schools and their teachers and is designed to promote and support quality education.
- Iowa Teaching Standards and Criteria These represent a set of knowledge and skills that reflect the best evidence available regarding quality teaching
- National Education Association: Since 2817, NEA has crusaded for the rights of educators and children.
- Teacher Evaluation: The Iowa Department of Education provides information on teacher evaluation.
- Teacher Leadership: provides TLC resources shared at professional learning opportunities.
- Teaching for Rigor - A Call for a Critical Instructional Shift: Robert Marzano and Michael Toft share why essential shifts in instruction are necessary for teachers and students to succeed with college and career readiness standards.
- Websites all teachers should know about:
- A to Z Teacher Stuff
This is a teacher-created site designed to help teachers find online resources more quickly and easily. It provides lesson plans, thematic units, teacher tips, discussion forums for teachers, downloadable teaching materials, printable worksheets and many more.
- About Education
This is another awesome website for teachers. It includes free resources on different sujbect matters as well as articles and tips on teaching and learning.
- Discovery Education
Discovery Education offers a broad range of free classroom resources that complement and extend learning beyond the bell
- EdHelperEdHelper provides teachers with free printables, graphic organizers, worksheets, lesson plans, games and many other activities
- Education World
This is another great website for teachers. It provides teaching tips, lesson plans, activities, academic articles, web resources and many more.
This is an excelent website that empowers and connects teachers, administrators, and parents with innovative solutions and resources to better education.
42explore is a web project that provides resources and teaching materials on different subject areas and disciplines.
- PBS TeachersThis is a great website that can help teachers grow professionally. It offers free teaching resources relevant to different grade category
Scholastic is a great website that provides a lot of different resources for teachers, parents, kids, administrators, and librarians.
- Smithsonian EducationSmithsonian Education offers a wide variety of free resources for teachers, students, and parents.
- Teach HubTeach Hub provides k-12 news, lessons and share resources created by teachers and shared with teachers.
- Teachers First
This is a rich collection of lessons, untis, and web resources designed to save teachers time by delivering just what they need in a practical, user-friendly, and ad-free format.
Teachers.net is a platform where teachers can get to discover new teaching ideas and tips, lesson plans, classroom projects and many more
- Teachers Network
Teachers Network provides lesson plans, classroom specials, teacher designed activities for different subjects and many other resources.
Thinkfinity is a free online professional learning community that provides access to over 50.000 educators and experts in curriculum enhancement, along with thousands of award-winning digital resources for k-12
The Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) is the leading international organization advancing the education of all students ages 10 to 15, helping them succeed as learners and make positive contributions to their communities and to the world. AMLE is committed to helping middle grades educators reach every student, grow professionally, and create great schools.
This page was updated October 10, 2016. Please contact Lou Howell at LouHowell@mediacombb.net with additional URLs.