You are the expert in instructional coaching! Please share additional URLs with Lou Howell.
- Coaching Teachers in Effective Instruction: This report was designed to define the role of coaches withing the school improvement agenda and guide the professional growth of Victorian coaches. This report address the importance of the following: professional relationships, data and evidence, substantive conversation, purposeful instruction, school improvement, and staff development.
- Instructional Coaching Scale: Susan Woodruff provides a tool to check the impact of your coaching. The provides an excerpt from Elena Aguilar's book, The Art of Coaching: Effective Strategies for School Transformation. It offers a coaching framework and dozens of tools which can used by a range of educators. The following is from chapter one.
- Kansas Coaching Project with Jim Knight: The purpose of the Kansas Coaching Project is to study factors related to professional learning and how to improve academic outcomes for students through supports provided by instructional coaches.
- Standards for Professional Learning: Learning Forward's site for professional learning supports for learning communities, leadership, resources, data, learning designs, implementation, and outcomes.
- Student-Centered Coaching with Diane Sweeney: Student-Centered Coaching introduces a new way of looking at and delivering school-based coaching that puts the needs of students’ front-and-center. By focusing coaching on specific goals for student learning, rather than on changing or fixing teachers , a coach can navigate directly towards a measurable impact and increased student achievement.
- Teacher Leader Model Standards: Teacher Leadership Exploratory Consortium has developed these Teacher Leader Model Standards to codify, promote and support teacher leadership as a vehicle to transform schools for the needs of the 21st century.
This page was updated on December 23, 2016.