Instructional Coaches Camp April 2023
April 12 & 13, 2023
Link to a one-page overview
This is a face-to-face event!
Instructional Coaches Camp - Two-Day Workshop Facilitated by NIET Partnering with Iowa ASCD
Day One: Planning for Instruction
Supporting Teachers in the Critical Links in Core Instructional Strategies
Educators analyze and plan for the alignment of standards and objectives, student work, and assessment. Educators will leave with a deeper understanding of the link between each and the implications for the planning and delivery of instruction.
- What does the standard say?
- If my students were producing work at the highest level of mastery toward the standard, would I know it?
- How do I design a lesson objective that gets to the expected level of mastery aligned to the standard?
- How might an exemplar provide clarity for the standard, lesson objective and success criteria?
- How will the assessment provide evidence of student mastery of the standard?
Day Two: Analyzing Student Work
Effectively Using Student Work to Understand Student Progress and Make Intentional Instructional Decision
How can the analysis of student work guide our next instructional moves? Educators will apply a standards-driven student work analysis process to examine student work samples. Participants will use the data to understand student mastery of the standard and have a process to ensure that students are engaged with rigorous, standards-aligned content appropriate to their grade level.
As a coach, you will be prepared to walk alongside teachers as they plan and deliver instruction. You will be positioned to coach teachers on the evidence of student learning and mastery toward the standards. Focusing on the trends, patterns and areas of instructional needs evidenced in the student work, there is an opportunity to accelerate learning for all students through a strong instructional core. These processes will be available for your use in any setting! Let’s get started!
Ongoing support will be available to you through Iowa ASCD, we will be your partner as you implement this work! Look forward to hearing more following this learning.
When: April 12 & 13, 2023 (W-Th)
- April 12: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm Lunch break is 70 minutes on your own. Day Beverages & PM snack provided.
- April 13: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm Lunch provided. Day Beverages & snacks provided.
Where: Dejardin Hall
3702 South Center Street, Marshalltown, Iowa 50158
Iowa Valley Continuing Education College, Marshalltown, Iowa
Free Parking on-site
Registration: Iowa ASCD website https://iowaascd.org/events/register-now
Early Bird Through March 24, 2023
- Early Bird Member: $300.
- Early Bird Non-member: $345. Includes a one-year membership in Iowa ASCD
March 25, 2023
- Registration: $345
- Non-member: $345 Includes a one-year membership in Iowa ASCD
Lodging: Participants will determine their own lodging.
Cancellation Policy - Read before you register.
If you are unable to attend the event for which you have registered contact Iowa ASCD by email no later than 14 calendar days before the start of the event. You may send a non-registered person in your place or request a refund. The information of the replacement person must be received within one day of your cancellation. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Processing Fees: Iowa ASCD may charge a fees for processing event refunds. Processing fees are deducted from the registration refund amount.
- $25 for virtual conferences
- $50 + materials fee for an in-person conference or institute.
After the 14-day time frame you are ineligible for a refund, but you may send a non-registered person in your place, with registration confirmation or written authorization from you. The information of the replacement person must be received within one day of your cancellation.