Especially for you...
and you are the experts so share documents, websites, and other information to extend the thinking and practices of others in your roles.
- Annual Notices and Deadlines for Public and Non-Public Districts: The Iowa Department of Education provides this list (which may not be exhaustive, but represents the DE’s best efforts) of state and federal notices that all districts are required to give to the public every year. This list does not attempt to include notices that are to be given to specific populations (e.g., notification of non-highly qualified teachers, notices to CPI families about testing). For CASA-specific deadlines, see the Consolidated Accountability and Support Application (CASA) webpage.
Curriculum selection is no longer about textbook adoptions that happen every few years. Districts today are developing a strategy for instructional materials adoption and selection that takes into account district goals, pedagogical shifts, cultural relevance, and student-centered environments.
Access: Curriculum Adoption and Strategy
- Standards for Professional Learning - Learning Forward - YouTube Overview
- Modes of Professional Development - SLIDO
- IPDM (Iowa Professional Development Model) Plan Workbook
- IPDM's Rubric for Developing a Building/District Profile
- Comprehensive School Improvement Plan (CSIP)
- Hanover's District Leaders' Guide for Developing a Professional Learning Plan
- Why Professional Development Matters - Learning Forward
- Planning Powerful Teacher-Led Professional Learning - ASCD
- Planning Professional Learning -Thomas Guskey - ASCD
- Professional Learning Plans: A Workbook for States, Districts, and Schools
Day 1 and Day 2 and summaries of the 8 Functions of curriculum leaders. This is also the KASAB for curriculum leaders. Information on instructional frameworks is also included.
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - April 11 and 12, 2012
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - April 10 and 11, 2013
- Curriculum Leadership Academy with Jay McTighe - April 10, 2014
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - Day 2 with Featured Districts - April 11, 2014
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - Day 1 with Ken O'Connor - April 23, 2015: Standards-Based Grading for Learning
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - Day 2 with Featured Districts - April 24, 2015: Standards-Based Grading for Learning
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - Day 1 with Rick Wormeli - April 21, 2016
- Curriculum Leadership Academy - Day 2 with Featured Districts - April 22, 2016
|Curriculum Leaders' 8 Functions|
KASAB for Curriculum Leaders based on the 8 Functions
|Activity Form: Functions Processing|
This is the evaluation tool provided by SAI and developed by more than 70 central office administrators.
This site is a curriculum director's "dream come true," with resources to support your work as well as protocols and processes to give structure and organization to that work.
Access: National School Reform Faculty
Learning Forward's site for professional learning supports for learning communities, leadership, resources, data, learning designs, implementation, and outcomes.