Resources for Instructional Coaches
This month we place a focus on Instructional Coaching. These resources and more that will impact the thinking and actions of Instructional Coaches.
- The Art of Coaching Teachers This blogger, Elena Aguilar, is an experienced K-12 educator, a transformational-leadership coach and consultant in Oakland, Calif. She is the author of The Art of Coaching: Effective Strategies for School Transformation (Jossey-Bass, 2013), The Art of Coaching Team(Jossey-Bass, 2016), and Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators (2018). She is also the founder of Bright Morning Consulting (brightmorningteam.com) and is active on social media. She tackles issues with which you deal - everything from "When It's Time for a Hard Conversation" to "Cultivating Healthy Communication in Teams."
- Coaches as Change Agents This webinar by Michael Fullan highlights the coach's role as a change agent in our schools.
- Coaching New Teachers - The importance of Modeling Elena Aguilar emphasizes the importance of model teaching for new teachers, assuring they have exemplars for which to strive.
- Instructional Coaching Edutopia provides tips and resources for instructional coaches.
- Instructional Coaching with Jim Knight This organization led by Jim Knight provides professional learning opportunities and resources for instructional coaches.
- Teacher Leader Model Standards Teacher Leadership Exploratory Consortium has developed these Teacher Leader Model Standards to codify, promote and support teacher leadership as a vehicle to transform schools for the needs of the 21st century.
- Three Practices to Avoid in Instructional Coaching Diane Sweeney shares in this video those practices you should avoid as a coach.
- Iowa ASCD Instructional Coaches Page of Resources